The probability of getting the right compensation for professional negligence from doctors can be increased, when you contact the experienced lawyer. He will be able to conduct the proper investigations into the incident with the help of independent medical experts. Establishing foolproof evidence is the primary purpose of the layer. Then he can gather the information from your diagnosis reports, prescribed medicines and the corrective treatment procedures. This information can be used to build up the lawsuit against the doctor/ medical center/hospital responsible for the negligence.
The experience of medical malpractice attorneys in solving complex issues related to getting the evidence can help you to considerable extent. This is because of the complex procedures involved in the process.
Intensity of Personal Injury and Medical Evidence
If the intensity of personal injury is more, the process of getting the medical evidence to prove your case can become complex. Many consequences of internal organ damages can be felt only after many months or years of the malpractice incident. For example you can consider a case of spinal cord surgery. The negligence of doctors in preparing the proper checklist can lead to partial or complete paralysis of the arm and leg. This could be caused due to wrong diagnosis of the problem also.
- If the side effects of paralysis are immediate, the lawyer will be able to link the surgery with the injury and get the proper medical evidence. Trying to fix up the wrong part in the spinal cord can result in paralysis.
- In some cases the paralysis may not happen immediately. The patient seems to have recovered and he is sent home. After 6 months to1 year the symptoms may reappear or get worse. One example of such surgery can be swelling in the spinal cord. This might have been due to an accident, fall and results of a previous medical condition or even a disease. Making the wrong diagnosis might result in wrong type of surgery.
- When the symptoms of side effects appear after a long period, the process of establishing the link between the old surgery and the paralysis effects can be complex. If the patient has taken therapeutic treatments in this period, undergone other types of treatments or taken medications for neck and back pain, the defendant can easily get away from taking the responsibility.
- This case will require the help of an expert neurologist and a spinal cord specialist. They need to dig out all the medical records of the patient before the surgery and in the post surgical period. They may have to start disproving the effects of all the other treatments on paralysis, before arriving at the right cause. This process can often take many months or even years in some cases.
- However an expert personal injury lawyer teamed with the experienced medical experts can solve the case and get the accurate medical evidence. Working with the right zeal this can be established within a few months. Once the evidence is said to be foolproof, the layer can file the lawsuit at the earliest possible time.